By taking advantage of its world-class engineering and innovation, Juniper Networks will show in this app how its secure, automated cloud architecture can help tame the growing complexity and concerns associated with the major transformation to a 5G ready network. Specifically, Juniper will show how its pervasive security, predictive automation, distributed/edge cloud and converged IP transport solutions are ideal building blocks of a 5G ready network that is capable of efficiently supporting very diverse use cases that are promised with 5G, including:
• “People & Things” (Massive IoT)
• “Industrial IoT” (Critical IoT)
• “Immersive Experiences” (Enhanced Mobile Broadband)
For each of these use cases, Juniper will showcase how its four solution pillars solve the industry’s biggest challenges. Specifically, the following solutions and technologies will be highlighted in the app:
• Pervasive Security (SECURE) - Securing 5G Network Interfaces, Virtual Scale Out Security for Distributed Telco Cloud, BEST (Battery Efficient Security for very low Throughput IoT), Terabit-Scale DDoS, Securing IT/OT Convergence
• Predictive Automation (AUTOMATED) - Analytics, Telemetry, Orchestration, and Management - highlighted by AI/ML based network analytics translating actionable insight into closed-loop automation. Open community that accelerates the adoption of network automation
• Distributed/Edge Cloud (CLOUD) - Extending Telco Cloud Automation, Orchestration, Security, and Service Chaining Across Distributed Infrastructure to Accelerate 5G Service Creation, Control and User Plane Separation (CUPS)
• Converged IP Transport - Fixed Mobile Convergence, E2E IP Transport including Mobile Backhaul, Network/Node Slicing, Packet-Optical Convergence, Software-driven Segment Routing, Programmable/Scalable/Reliable Transport NEs
These Juniper solutions and their underlying technologies provide a blueprint to take the ‘how migrate to 5G' concerns off the table and allow service providers to focus on growing their core businesses.
Juniper will also highlight joint solutions with the following partners: Affirmed Networks, Corero, Ericsson, Hitachi, IBM, Mist Systems, NEC/Netcracker, Red Hat, Tech Mahindra.